1861 to 2011
150 years of serving as the heart of Ohio democracy!
View the online galleries of the Ohio Statehouse Sesquicentennial Creativity Challenge by clicking:
The people of Ohio will celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Ohio Statehouse throughout 2011. This historical celebration is an
opportunity for students in grades K-12 to demonstrate their creativity by participating in the celebration.
Students are asked to create a work of art based on the theme:
Picture Yourself at the People's House
HOW TO ENTER:
Complete an entry form found below, create a work of art from the template provided below and follow the guidelines provided.
IDENTIFICATION OF WORK AND PERMISSION TO EXHIBIT:
1. Each work of art must have a completed entry form that is legible. The entry form must be completed when the artwork is scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Artwork will be uploaded into a special online gallery on the Ohio Statehouse Web site.
3. CLICK HERE
FOR ENTRY FORM
4. CLICK HERE
FOR CREATIVITY PAGE TEMPLATE
1. The artwork must be a standard 8 1/2 x 11 size and can be of any flat media (pen, pencil, chalk, paint, markers, etc.)
2. Due to the exhibition space on the Web site, no 3-D work will be accepted.
3. Each piece of art work must be completed during the 2010-2011 school year.
4. Works of art may be rejected for this project if the entry form is not complete or is illegible. All work is subject to these guidelines and may be rejected if the guidelines are not met.
5. Completed works of art and the entry form must be submitted electronically. Submissions will be accepted from September 30, 2010 through December 31, 2011.
Submissions will also be accepted by US Mail. Submissions may be mailed to:
Ohio Statehouse Sesquicentennial Creativity Project
Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board
1 Capitol Square
Columbus, OH 43215
6. Works of art will not be returned to students. Please take an image of your work prior to sending it to the Ohio Statehouse.
7. The final exhibition will be at the discretion of the hosting organizations: Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board and the Ohio Alliance for Arts Education.
1. An on-line gallery will be available at www.OhioStatehouse.org for all received submissions throughout 2011.
2. A monthly rotating exhibit in the Ohio Statehouse Map Room will feature ten submissions each month.
3. The student work will be made available for the Governor, legislators and local businesses and storefronts to highlight the art.
If you have questions or need clarification please feel free to contact the Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board office at email@example.com