Cannon, 6 pounder
The 4 bronze, smoothbore cannons at the corners of Capitol Square were cast by the Miles Greenwood foundry in Cincinnati in 1864. They were restored in 1995, when the carriages were replaced. Two of the four are 12 pounders, and the other two are 6 pounders, refering to the weight of the projectile. They are only fired today for ceremonial or educational purposes.