Media
 

Located on the Statehouse ground floor in the South Light Court

 

This plaque commemorates the founding of the American Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) by the merger of several similar overseas veterans' organizations.

 

Veterans of Foreign Wars Commemoration

IN COMMEMORATION OF THE FOUNDING

ON SEPTEMBER 23, 1899, IN COLUMBUS

OHIO. OF THE AMERICAN VETERANS OF

FOREIGN SERVICE- AN ASSOCIATION

OF OVERSEAS VETERANS WHICH MERGED

IN 1913 WITH OTHER SIMILAR GROUPS

TO FORM THE

VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS OF THE

UNITED STATES.

 

ERECTED AND DEDICATED BY THE 39TH

NATIONAL ENCAMPMENT, VETERANS OF

FOREIGN WARS OF THE UNITED S TATES,

COLUMBUS, OHIO, AUGUST 21-26, 1938

SCOTT P. SQUYRES

COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF

Veterans of Foreign Wars

 

Galleries